Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What type of concealer should I buy to hide under eye circles??

Creamy, or liquid or stick, the ones that look like a lipstick?? And should teh shade be lighter/ darker tahn my skin colour?? I read thsi sumwhere, is it true?? Can u tell me some good brand names, nothing too pricey tho!! Thanks huns, xoxox.What type of concealer should I buy to hide under eye circles??
First you need to think about what message is your body trying to tell you? Are you really listening? Many different things can cause dark circles. Some causes are: lack of sleep, allergies, stress, eye fatigue, illness or even unbalanced nutrition. Technically a dark circle occurs when the capillaries under the eye weaken and blood overflows. Since the skin under the eye is the thinnest skin on our bodies, this overflow of blood is visible through the skin.





I think its important that you try and treat the problem, not just cover it up. But in the mean time here is how to cover them up.





First, proper use of concealer is dependent on learning some basic color theory. On the color wheel, when colors that are opposite each other are mixed together, they produce a neutral shade. Red is opposite green and purple is opposite yellow. Therefore, yellow concealer or yellow-based concealer will neutralize the blue/purple dark circle.





The other important thing to know when concealing is that dark colors recede and light colors bring forward. What that means is that darker colors are better to conceal a puffy eye and lighter colors are better to conceal a dark circle. It is also important to note that your concealer color needs to be only slightly lighter or slightly darker than your skin color. You do not need to use a yellow concealer and a regular concealer. What you want to look for is a more yellow toned concealer.





I recommend using a stick concealer because it gives the most coverage. The one I use is


http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a鈥?/a> .


It's just slightly more yellow than my skin tone.


If you are darker than me this may not work for you. Check out Almay concealer sticks they tend to have a yellowish tint and are not expensive.





Good Luck :)What type of concealer should I buy to hide under eye circles??
from a drugstore, try physician's formula. they have several nice ones. i used to use physician's formula le velvet film makeup as concealer, but i can no longer find it in my town. it was so nice.








and these are my favorites in different price ranges...





mark invisible touch perfecting concealer $5, 5 shades (pot)


merle norman cover up concealer $12, 12 shades (tube)


benefit boi-ing concealer $18, 3 shades (pot)





to apply, pat (don't rub) on with a sponge or small brush. set with foundation.





i also recently discovered paula's choice cream concealers, and they are lovely if you can find a match.





concealer should always match your skin as close as you can get! if you cannot get an exact match, go lighter.





they all cover well without looing cakey or creased. a little goes a long way!
I have dark circles under my eyes too, and they never go away. I use a cream concealer because sticks are usually too dry. The way you apply the concealer is improtant too. I usually put it on my skin with a small brush and carefully tap it dry with my fingers. As for brands, I've found Covergirl to be the best so far.
Stick is best and try getting a yellowish one they reflect light and minimise the appearance of dark circles. Australis is a good brand that isnt too expensive. Go down to Priceline for example and ask them about it. They will be able to help you choose the right one for you.
The Best product I use to cover dark circles are Vincent Longo Concealer and Stila Illuminating Concealer.


You can go to Sephora to get these both products.


The Vincent Longo Concealer Cost : 26.50


The Stila Illuminating Concealer Cost : 22.00


Hope this helps =)
yves saint laurents touche eclat pen is amazing. it is pretty pricey but as you only need a small bit you can make it last ages. try using boots points card or something to save a bit of cash. honestly its so illuminating and def worth it
I got a creamy concealer with the make up i got from sheer cover, and its the best Ive ever used,well worth the money and it last for ages

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy