Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can you use concealer as an eye primer, if not, what are some of the best eye primers out there?

I currently am using MAC paint pot and shade stick and I am not happy with either of them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Can you use concealer as an eye primer, if not, what are some of the best eye primers out there?
I have attempted using my concealer as an eye primer and found that it just left my eyes looking terrible and cakey. I definitely would not recommend it.





Currently my favourite eye primer is Benefit's FY Eye. It is a bit pricier than others but this tiny jar seems to last a lifetime. It has great hold on shadows and also gives your eyelid a nice base colour to work with.





Another great one is obviously the one that everyone out there loves, Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Again this is a great product that does allow our shadows more face time however, the packaging blows. It's cute and unique but it doesn't allow you to get at all of your product. Hopefully they will find a way to change the packaging soon so that we can all stop cutting open the packaging.Can you use concealer as an eye primer, if not, what are some of the best eye primers out there?
Many people use Smashbox Photo Finish which is a clear foundation primer. It's a bit pricey.





Now, this is going to sound strange and I kid you not, women on beauty forums have found the equivalent in an anti-chafing gel produced by the makers of Monistat. It primes the lid so well that concealer just glides on it and it's about $8 a tube at the drugstore.





I use the anti-chafing gel on my lids first and follow it with Bobbi Brown compact concealer.
I don't know about concealer as a primer; try it out and see if it works.


Urban Decay's Primer Potion is definitely the cult favorite. If you're not willing to wait for better packaging, go for Too Faced's Shadow Insurance.


If you want to experiment with color, try MAC Pro's Cream Colour Bases. They're drier than paint pots and shadesticks, so I reckon they're less vulnerable to creasing. (If I had the money for MAC, though, I'd still use UDPP under the CCC.)
Definitely! You can use like your MAC Studio Finish Concealer as your eye primer.


You can also use Urban Decay Primer Potion which you can get at sephora.





Good Luck! =)
urban decay primer potion.


but when i run out and have nothing else i use concelear...


works preety good. but not the same as the primer potion.


it can be found in Sephora.
urban decay primer potion if you have oily skin


two faced shadow insurance if you have normal skin
Urban Decay Primer Potion %26lt;3


It's amazing.
I use Urban Decay's primer potion and love it.
the sephora brand of primer is really good as well and its a fraction of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy